Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut fo the novice++

Shortcut fo the novice++

it be very nice if we can just type the feature or function we like to use rather then looking for it and clicking on it, i find that im limited for the ammount of shortcuts and the only thing i know is the name of that function i like to use but at the drop of a hat i would just like to type that name in and that way i can just use it rather then look for it and click on it, the beauty of this search way is that if i type the name of a function that is part of a MODEL section or a SCULPT or PATCH  when you call that function it will automaticly transfer you to that TAB "model,sculp,path,render....ect"

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

i try to edit the spelling but im not being allowed to, sor for the error,

HughesTooling
Consultant

Press the S key and a dialog opens then start typing the name of the command you want.

Capture.PNG

Also don't see how the auto switch to different workspaces would work, for example there's a mirror command in the Patch, Model and Sculpt workspaces and lots or other that are in more than one workspace.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is my point if im in sculpt mode and i wanted to press S and type Scale im not going to get a scale because scale dont exist in sculpt but it does in model, SOoooo when i press S and type Scale this time now it should appear and when i click on it or enter on it thru program should bring me over to model or the program should ask me which scale do you want model , patch  or where it might be used thru out Fusion, this is what i mean and respectfully the same thing would happen in your example for mirror

BUT hey thanks for the "S" search feature i did not knew that you just made my who designing more intuitively fun

HughesTooling
Consultant

Just in case you ever need it you can scale in the sculpt workspace.

Capture.PNG

Mark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats true i seen this before but to me thats like the digital version as i like the analog version where you use your mouse to dynamically scale up or down quickly

HughesTooling
Consultant

Just thinking about your idea. At the moment the the search box is workspace specific, what you're asking for is for a search across all workspaces. I think it would need to be an option you could pick which one you'd like because you'd get something 3 times as many options to pick from with the all workspace option. As I work mostly in the model and CAM workspaces I'd prefer the workspace specific version. I'll vote and hope it either has a different hot key of is optional.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

i hear you and your right i agreed with your workout as well, 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report