Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set preferences for all toolpaths and Setup

Set preferences for all toolpaths and Setup

Creating toolpath's could be faster if fusion would save the settings of the last toolpaths or even better to give the chance to set preferences for machine operations.

example: there is always a stock to leave ( 0.5mm) in 2D pocket operation. In case you forget to deselect it, your pocket will be too small.

or:  the  standard origin of work coordinate system (wcs) for Postprocessing is always set to stock box point. I always use model origin and I'm sure everyone has his own habit here that could be defined.

this is bits and bobs but in total you have to remind many settings that could be pre- setted, and no need to set all your preferred parameters every time you use a machine operation in a new construction/ session.

Best regards!

Georg

3 Comments
Helmi74
Collaborator

I'd totally second that. Especially the stock-to-leave option already drove me nuts a hundred times in the past.

The minimum suggestion would be a "save as default" kind of function but i'd even more prefer templates or anything like that to select from and choose a default one.

HughesTooling
Consultant

If you right click the input field there's an option Make Default. You can also right click an op in the browser and pick Make default and all the setting from that op will become the default.

before.png

tool2.png

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark, 

wow, seems like we were blind the last days.. thanks, awesome! !!

*edit: works in setups too, to set work origin to model origin! it is more complicated in setup, but works!

Idea can be closed, but perhaps it would be good to make those options more visible for others 🙂

Georg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report