Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling controls

Scaling controls

If I scale something by mouse, it's way too sensitive. I cannot scale precisely. Trying different sizes by typing numbers is no fun neither. So the Mouse sensitivity for scaling should be improved or at least it should be possible to click in the numbers field and use the mouse wheel to go through sizes very precisely.

Same thing with adjusting fillets.

6 Comments
t.houtermanWB9TQ
Participant

I totally agree that fillet controls are way too rough, and this applies to more things like for example push/pull commands and shell thickness inputs  In my opinion Fusion would be well off with the ability to scroll wheel the values up and down, or at least have a +/- button next to the parameter input box.

Grabbing and pulling the arrow in the model space is a no-go for me, as my fillets are usually the cause of unexpected application crashes, when fusion tries to real-time compute radius values that are way way way too large.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I have to add: Pivot points control should be more similar like in Alias. For example center Pivot function. And Pivots should be saved for an object, I dont want to re adjust it everytime I modify the object. This goes for Move and Scale tool. Especially for scaling there should be a more logic Pivot control.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Realy weird that it miss this simple but yet so usefull command from autocad... In the best of my world evry command from autocad should be added to fusion! HaHA 😉

welbot
Enthusiast

I'd also like to see a scaling option that allows you to type in measurement values.
Like for instance, I recently imported a model, and I can see the bounding box dimensions, which is all well and good, but I need to scale it to a particular size in XYZ. Using the scale tool only allows a scaling factor, which is so tedious for something like this. If we can't dimension imported geo due to lack of sketches, it sure would be nice to be able to precisely scale to certain dimensions uniformly or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm all with you.
For my needs I actually use autocad to scale and then import the model in Fusion. I think the proportional scaling feature in fusion is not appropriate for my duties. And I hate to use a calculator while drafting... isn't it what is a cad software for?
Iskenderus
Contributor

Scaling in Fusion 360 is very painful. Even if its made for engineering, we are left to calculate in "1:1" like things. It would be better if we could open scale panel and give our dimensions in mm, inches etc. units as its done in other 3D softwares. And other thing that all rotation, copy, move commands are under move/copy panel, but scaling objects are missing, it can be included there as well I think.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report