Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perspective view in Drawings

Perspective view in Drawings

In the Properties panel, it is only possible to choose isometric views.

Opportunity to choose perspective views, will be perfect for full page technical illustrations.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 22.09.29.png

40 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a really important feature for me to have when producing drawings for design reviews, please consider implementing it.

Thanks

arneboon
Participant

Very much need the perspective drawing view, hoping this feature finds it way soon. Thank you for the effort.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too could really use this: we need to generate some images for large format printed marketing materials. Bitmapped images are not high enough quality when you blow them up to be a meter across, really need vector output of rendered perspective views.

designQCA6N
Explorer

You're right! It's quite important to have a function like this. I need it quite often for instruction manuals

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see this is an ongoing wish list item... please allow me to add my vote.

rendering this realistically:513365 photo.jpg

but then having to import it into illustrator, to create this...513365 inch mockup for web drawing included copy.jpg

and manually trace every edge and hand-draw additional lines/text in order to show the item's dimensions and geometry for 'line art' is super tedious and time consuming. MOST of that functionality is available in the drawing area but NOT perspective (non 'isometric') or "Named Views" options....

Any chance this pretty popular, seemingly sought after, enhancement is on the horizon?

Otherwise I LOVE the product and have gone from complete newbie novice to having rendered some pretty great (if i do say so myself) photo-realistic scenes, in a relatively short train-up period.

Best,

Pat Austin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to have this feature.

Until then you guys fan use this easy workaround, instead of doing image trace or other tedious steps:

Easier Workaround:

While in Animation and doing explosion graphics etc, go into the front perspective and now - instead of rotating the camera - with one transform rotate the whole thing towards your fixed front perspective until it matches your desired viewing angle.

Then you can chose front perspective once you are in Drawing mode and get the perspective you wanted. So instaed of rotating the view around the object you have just rotated the object around the camera so you can make use of the normal export features!

OFGLLC
Advocate
That’s the only work around I have found as well. It’s not the same thing but I have completed patent applications that way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please make this happen. It would make so many things easier for my workflow.

Anyone have any luck with a workaround?

rbache
Participant

The only work around I have for this at the moment, is exporting as a STEP and doing it in Rhino.. annoying! Even then the results are not brilliant. This feature would be so useful for me.

rj.duran
Explorer

@rbache Good suggestion. I found this to be the only way to achieve a close enough result. One question for you: Have you had any success matching up the camera view in perspective in fusion and rhino? I'm looking for a workflow that allows the same camera "lens length" as named in Rhino to that camera "focal length" as named in Fusion. Any help in this is appreciated. 

rbache
Participant

@rj.duran I really struggle with matching camera views within Rhino (I put this down to lack of experience with Rhino). If I manage to figure it out, I will report back here. On a side note I really wish the Fusion 360 team would implement this feature as it would make my life so much easier. Any news on this @keqingsong ?

jon_dukerschein
Observer

This is a needed feature - in our workflow we need to do this for EVERY project - super annoying to have to move to another software to do this - been using Fusion 360 since the beginning - it has really come a long way - absence of this feature is probably one of the last

@3Dpcb wrote:

In the Properties panel, it is only possible to choose isometric views.

Opportunity to choose perspective views, will be perfect for full page technical illustrations.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 22.09.29.png

gripes I have.

mzamoraj
Explorer

Any updates on this? This is very useful for architectural drawings and having perspective when doing a cross section of a house goes a long way in making it easier to explain projects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard nothing new on the matter and I've had to use the clumsy workaround

- in render workspace - setting up 'scene settings' camera angles, focal length, perspective

- in design workspace - right-click and 'Repeat Scene Settings' (applying same camera settings)

- screen shot

and so on... a pain in the neck and really a low-fi solution that you still need photoshop to clean up, bolder lines, etc

it does seem there is a consensus of demand for this feature but i haven't seen any action on that yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally maddening. Been needing this for years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't believe that this has not happened already as a basic function.

rbache
Participant

@robcohee any chance of considering this for future implementation?

robcohee
Alumni

@rbache this is on our roadmap. There are several items higher on the priority list than this including Auxiliary views, broken views, weld symbols, and expanded parts list / BOM capabilities. All of these features are important including perspective view discussed in this thread. 

What I can provide some insight on is the internal investment of development resources to speed the velocity compared to the more recent slow pace of improvements in drawings. Over the course of the next 12-18 months you will see a marked increase in the number of improvements released in drawings.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh please please please implement this!

Almost every client i do drawings for requests perspective models and currently the only solution i have is to download the model, import into AutoCAD and flatshot (I don't know when flatshot started supporting perspective but it does now). Then i have to open everything in illustrator and piece it together. This isn't so bad the first time but it means that every minor revision to a drawing (which might otherwise have simply consisted of changing some parameters) becomes a painful chore.

kevinwatts
Collaborator

The ability to produce Perspective views of a three-dimensional object properly at selected angles would be a very valuable feature. They can be much easier to visually communicate and understand than the orthogonal views because they give a good sense of depth. It would also be invaluable when preparing Patent drawings!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report