Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal enhancement request

Personal enhancement request

I am going to be selfish for a bit and ask for the following enhancements that I would like to see. Maybe it will help other users as well.

1) Import of Solid Edge files (.psm,.par,.asm) I have a lot of solid edge files and would like to import without having to go back to solid edge and save as a .stp or other generic file format.

2) CAM for laser, plasma, and water jet. Yes I know there is a feature but it is not nearly as mature as the mill and turning side of Fusion 360 CAM. I have posted this invitation once and I will do it again for the Fusion 360 CAM developers. We have a shop with lasers, plasma, and water jets and we would be more than happy to work with you guys to get the CAM side for this area of manufacturing moving forward by offering our facility to help test and prove posts.

3) Model space in drawing environment. Have the ability to draw simple 2D geometry and document it in the drawing environment without having to make a 3D model.

4) Be able to import a .dwg or .dxf file in the drawing environment and either strip it of layers to get to the desired geometry or modify it for a revision change without having to use another software, explode text, etc.

5) sheet metal, sheet metal, sheet metal......I won't go further into this because I know it is coming soon, but once it does expect enhancement request once I get my hands on it.

Thank you

PS The invitation to help with the laser, water jet, and plasma CAM is always open, just contact me when ready.

1 Comment

Nothing personal about any of that - they're all things others want and ideas exist for every one of those (which I strongly encourage you to find and upvote)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report