Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Not Saved on Selected Height - CAM Programming

Offset Not Saved on Selected Height - CAM Programming

I've run in to this often enough to say something, especially with contour toolpaths where I use "Selection" for my bottom height and offset -.1 to get my tool below a certain face to avoid a witness mark or cusp left from stock not cleaned up on side walls. I often have many slightly different parts and recycle toolpaths from previous parts and apply to new ones. Many instinces I  use selection for heights, and the offset is never stored with the toolpath.

selectedface2.jpg

For example, I program a contour toolpath, select a face for bottom height, offset -.1. I then copy and paste that toolpath into another setup, select the face to use as my bottom height, and the offset value is not stored. It will default back to 0.

Can the fusion 360 team please save this offset with the toolpath so when I recycle programs the offset is stored?

selectedface.jpg

This would be very convenient...

Thanks in advance 

1 Comment
Jon_Bancroft
Advocate

I also would like this fixed. I use this "selection" offset during 2D contour and 3D horizontal often. Whenever I copy and paste tool paths for similar jobs and I loose these offsets.

I noticed that Fusion does retain offsets for other "height" selections, but it zeroes them for "selection".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report