Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPT pipe threads

NPT pipe threads

Please add NPT pipe threads to the thread options in the thread dialog box. Tnx!

293 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

para cuando tendran, los hilos  para tuberia NTP 1/2 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

npt threads as an option in hole tool is useful, but still need to add npt threads to the outside of pipe.  Downloading nipples from mcmaster and modifying is not the sensible approach to this.

simon_vezina_
Observer

Please please add this I really need this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, they are currently working on adding Male NPT threads?

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Male external threads are badly needed. If possible, please implement this soon!

Best,

Ryan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Male Threads!

ManfluIsSerious
Enthusiast

I am really struggling to believe that we still cannot program an NPT thread in Fusion CAM.

Lets be fair, Fusion was a good, low cost software and we could "bend" most things. However, since the inclusion of cloud credits for certain toolpath functions, the £360 per year software is now closer to £2000 for full functionality.

So now we have a £2000 CAM package that can't cut or self model NPT, BSP(T) threads ect??

I can see requests going back to 2014 for this functionality...…..only half a decade - Is there any chance that things are going to get done?

simon_vezina_
Observer
I still too cant believe we cant use this. Not like it was not a standard thread
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can totally believe that they're not fixing this. There are tons of corporate dysfunctions that could cause this.

Perhaps they're not willing to make Fusion actually compete with Inventor?

Or they just live in the belief that shipping other hugely visible features to 80% completion will sell more copies that completing existing features to 99%?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You now have 15 pages of requests for NPT thread option dating back several years. Please add ASAP. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
They were added some time ago and are perfectly usable in my experience.
I've been modeling and threadmilling various NPT sizes for months. You have
to use the hole command and select tapered thread.
It's still not perfect but should be more than adequate for most
applications.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody I know uses the "hole" option to make a hole. You draw holes in sketch mode, and then make threads in them.

Given that this mode, and the "create thread" option, appears to be a supported workflow, and is how you most naturally design these things in many workflows, I don't see why they can't have NPT threads in that workflow, when they can in the "hole" workflow.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless you need male threads.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report