Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting for sheet metal parts

Nesting for sheet metal parts

I think that nesting would be a great addition to Fusion. I'm getting used to Fusion right now and I'd like to keep using Fusion, but I can't really do anything with it since it doesn't have a nesting option. I need this option for our laser that will show up in july.

5 Comments
colinNJB25
Advocate

So far I have been using the add-in Nestor. It is useful but it lacks the ability to optimize space.

https://github.com/tapnair/NESTER/blob/master/README.md

yanouk73
Advocate

Nesting is a great thing that can be added, Fusion is a great all in one application, CAD, CAM, FEA... sheet metal, Nesting

Yan

cef.dea
Community Visitor

Yes, please, please, please add a nesting feature to Fusion 360 as it is the only weak point in this wonderful software!

@niel.derijcke wrote:

I think that nesting would be a great addition to Fusion. I'm getting used to Fusion right now and I'd like to keep using Fusion, but I can't really do anything with it since it doesn't have a nesting option. I need this option for our laser that will show up in july.

932Kellyatt9946
Explorer

I'd love to have a nesting add in... I'd even pay big bucks for it, we're updating software now and the program we use for nesting is $7k. If fusion had this feature we'd be 100% Autodesk. Please implement this in the future.

yanouk73
Advocate
the cnc toolpath CAM for laser/waterjet/plasma/router is already in fusion 360

The nesting is a must in my opinion

Yan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report