Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring

Mirroring

I'm sure you know, when mirroring, climb cuts become conventional, and vice versa.

Do you have plans to fix this?

4 Comments

While I run into the same problem the pattern/mirror now is setup to truly mirror your path.

If we wouldn't want this we would need to regenerate the operation and get in fact a new operation. Due to the fact that you can't just start on the other side of a line in for example Adaptive.

pinpointcam
Participant

I agree, at least it should maintain the climb/conventional condition on the 2D or 2.5D operations.

To achieve this, other software I know, like CAMworks, have the option of "keep direction of cut" only for those operations that apply.

pinpointcam
Participant

I can't wait to see this on fusion 360 which is a software I love, meanwhile you can select all the paths you want to change, hit right click and select "compare and edit, which is the first option in the drop menu.

Whit that you can change from "climb" to conventional, and go around the system in an "easy way"

I hope this helps in the meantime, but please Fusion Team! put the option to keep the direction of cut in the operations that can apply.

Thank youCapture compare and edit.JPG

petermtaylor
Enthusiast

+1 for this idea. It caught me off guard the other day. I was slotting in plastic, so it wasn't actually disastrous. 

I really would just love the aforementioned "keep direction of cut" as an option when mirroring. It might mean generating a new toolpath under the hood as previously mentioned, but that's fine by me as long as we have an option. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report