Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make post processor comment same as tool comment check box

make post processor comment same as tool comment check box

super simple..  add a check box to make the post processor comment the same as the tool description.

I'm tired of cutting and pasting in two locations.... 

help me fusion team, you are my only hope!

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 6.37.50 PM.png

8 Comments
cj.abraham
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

This is actually something that can be handled in the post processor. Your post can be modified to use the tool description instead of the tool comment and post it out the same way.

cj.abraham
Alumni

here's an excerpt from the Haas generic post:

writeToolBlock("T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number), mFormat.format(6));
    if (tool.comment) {
      writeComment(tool.comment);
    }

This is how the post outputs the comment in the program, if there is one. What you need to do is change "tool.comment" to "tool.description" and your post will always output the description, as described in your original idea. 

PeterBelfanti
Advocate

This would be great if everyone was a programmer and understood how to edit a post.  For those us that last programmed in Fortran 77 in 1995...  not so much.

man walks into a bar, orders a beer....  bartender gives him a glass of water, cup of hops, cup of barley, and some yeast.   That will be $10.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just modified my post and it still doesn't work. Some help would be appreciated, I've been struggling with this for quite some time. My post now reads: 

writeToolBlock(
operationNeedsSafeToolCall ? "/" : "",
"T" + toolFormat.format(tool.number),
mFormat.format(6)
);
if (tool.description) {
writeComment(tool.description);

cj.abraham
Alumni

@Anonymous what does your tool description say in the tool edit window?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cj.abraham

Here are some JPEG screen shots of my tool comment and the way that it posts in the header. You can see the tool comment in the process is correct but the tool description is what comes up in the header of the post. Every time I post a new program, I need to go through and manually enter the tool information which has lead to some mistakes on the floor. I've been searching everywhere for a solution but have yet to find anything closer than this thread. Thank you very much!

Joe program post example.JPGtool description.JPG

shaneodonnell
Community Visitor

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am trying to get the tool description to post at the top of the program. I would like to replace the tool type comment which is highlighted red on this line with my tool description.

(T2 D=50. CR=0.8 - ZMIN=0. - FACE MILL)

is there a way i can do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaneodonnell :

You have to replace the following line in the post:

to:       comment += " - " + tool.description;

It is in the section "// dump tool information" in my post for Mach3.

I hope this helps you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report