Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make default max spindle speed adjustable

Make default max spindle speed adjustable

Why can't you set the max spindle speed in Fusion 360? It's defaulted to 5000. My machine maxes at 2500. I hate having to go in and change it for every op and after every minor op change after it resets back to 5000. There should be something in preferences where you can list your machines and their max speeds or at the very least just a field to change the default max RPM.

11 Comments

Set it to 2500, Right mouse button click. Make default.

WillL84
Collaborator

I've tried that and it works for a day maybe then reverts back to 5k. Bug fix maybe?

@WillL84

It changes it only for that operation. And I'm not sure if it saves that default in the account or local.

WillL84
Collaborator

@Laurens-3DTechDraw That's the problem. every time I re-open F360 I have to go change it. I set it on a bunch of ops for a part yesterday. When I opened F360 today and reloaded the part they were all back to 5000. There needs to be some default setting in the preferences menu or something.

cj.abraham
Alumni

@WillL84 There are plans to be able to create machine configurations in Fusion 360 in the future, but I'm sensing a different problem here. I am also assuming you are using a mill and not a lathe.

If you are consistently using a set of milling tools, create your own user tool library will all of your tools set to 2500 rpm. This way, your operations will always default to 2500rpm when selected for an operation. Note that selecting a tool from the library brings in the tool's default feeds and speeds when selected for an operation, so if you are changing tools often, your feeds and speeds will be overwritten. 

Also, if you highlight multiple operations, right-click, and select "compare and edit" you will be able to edit the parameters for ALL toolpaths selected at once. You could select all operations and use "compare and edit" to set the spindle speed once instead of many times.

WillL84
Collaborator

@cj.abraham Thanks for the tips on making it easier to do. I am using a lathe though rather than a mill. We don't have a CNC mill here, yet.

cj.abraham
Alumni

@WillL84 does your lathe have CSS (Constant Surface Speed?) The post can be configured to have a global max spindle speed.

WillL84
Collaborator

@cj.abraham Also there is nowhere to set max spindle speed in each tool settings. There's spindle speed but I have it set to use constant SFM. Regardless that just sets the spindle speed you want for that tool, not the max for the machine as a unit. I want to set a max speed so I can input an SFM (which changes based on what I'm cutting) so the CAM will set it correctly in the gcode and not give me errors

WillL84
Collaborator

@cj.abraham yes it does constant SFM which is what I use. The global max spindle speed is exactly what I want

cj.abraham
Alumni

@WillL84 what post are you using?

WillL84
Collaborator

@cj.abraham Right now I'm using the one from Tormach. I'm hoping to switch to a user-made one to enable turning from the -X side (which I'm amazed Autodesk hasn't implemented yet) but it's not working at the moment.

This is the post: http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/post.php?name=tormach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report