Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Dynamo to F360

Integrate Dynamo to F360

Some months ago, I stumbled on Antinomy and was really impressed :

https://vimeo.com/125111378

When i saw it, i said to myself "****, i wish i could have this in F360 !". Several weeks later, gess what ? I find out that Autodesk has something similar : Dynamo ! And it's open-source ! But it's not in F360 (too bad !)

Guys, this would bring F360 to a all new level of parametric design and design exploration. I want a Dynamo mode in F360 !

Editing_Fusion_360_geometry_in_Dynamo_-_YouTube.jpg

Right now, you can use it outside. If you want to get your mind blowed watch Zach Kron's video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_iZtJCGfC0

Christmas is not far. I just ask one thing to Santa : please, please, please make it happen !

15 Comments

+10

I particularly like the way they're explicitly handling the dependency graph (much more sensible than the timeline) and seamlessly integrating generative operations.

kb9ydn
Advisor

This is quite interesting!  You're doing exactly the same parametric history based modelling as before, but with a graph type interface instead of a feature tree and timeline.  The parent child relationships of the features are shown directly, which is FAR more useful and easier to understand than the timeline.  Honestly this smashes the timeline to bits.  The only advantage the timeline has to this graph method is that it's compact and can fit at the bottom of the screen.  If given the choice though, I would gladly dump the timeline for the graph method.

C|

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be great to have node based solid modelling. Sadly both examples you gave seems to be polygon mesh based only..  Same goes for the 3ds Max new creation graph. So I don't see much point in integrating this software as is, as the goal in fusion is likely to create a solid model.

The only option that I know of that really does brep/nurbs is grasshopper for Rhino, and I guess there is also Sverchok for blender, but that one is pretty limited. And its still surface modeling based, not solid geometry. (If anyone knows of other options besides that, I'd be very interested to know)

I guess if Fusion could develop this, it would be game changer for CAD. I always really enjoy how node based interfaces oprate in render / VFX sorftware, and always wish there was a way to use it for creating solid models..

Of the way Dynamo works, I really think the way the graph is overlayed on the model could be leveraged. For example if you create a sketch, you could then couple in the sketch profiles into your extrude node by draggin a connection noodle direclty form the 3D view into the node graph etc. 

One can dream right..

I really like how 

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

maruska
Advocate

Is this idea about generative design or node based modeling? Not mutually exclusive, but quite different requests nonetheless.

I also think having a node view of a Fusion file would be valuable. It's the graphic version of the parameters window.

p.potthast
Observer

Holy sh**! Please tell me that this already exists, or will be soon!?

odolyte
Advocate

@maruska : both ! (yeah i know i'm greedy !)

I think it would be great to have first node based modelling and then be able to make generative design. 

RogerFromScratch
Explorer

+10 too!

Anonymous
Not applicable

+10 too!

I want it now

ofir_y
Explorer

Integrating dynamo into F360 will be a great leap towards AM technology, I see it as a very important capability!

d.bandiera
Contributor

+10 too!

I want it now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also If Fusion 360 has any equivalent to Grasshopper in Rhino. Or anything Like Scatter in Sketch-up.. That would keep my work flow to 1 Program...

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I stumbled upon Sol Amour's amazing Atmos Dynamo nodes this morning, I thought Dynamo might be the answer to one of my frustrations.  Sorely disappointed to discover that one needs a Revit subscription to install it.  As an old retired guy banging about with my little CNC in the garage, there's no way I can afford it.

But thanks, Autodesk, for making Fusion free for folks like me.

JYZMT
Advocate

This could sort out loads of requests on the ideas forum in one hit. I'd sooner it was within F360 than dynamo, but I don't really care so long as it gets done.  It could act like an i-logic functionality, if the right functions are included. I was going to suggest this, having used grasshopper previously.

When grasshopper first came out for Rhino, it had a noticeable effect on the output of architecture schools (not necessarily creating better architecture mind, but it was still interesting). A similar tool could have an equally interesting impact on design engineering and the F360 community? 

Bela_Thalmann
Advisor

I hope we get a Dynamo integration for Fusion 360 in 2019.

When I see Grashopper or Catia, I hope it won't take long.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report