Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to A360 File/Design management

Improvements to A360 File/Design management

By accident I activated the branch for a project which hosts all my Wayne State files and since it is currently not possible to undo that step (!!!) I wanted to migrate all my files to a new project folder. Well should be copy n paste or move em.

This made me aware of some short comings in A360:

1. Error messages make sometimes no sense

For example here it claims there is a relationship. There is not. Checking the timeline shows it.

After opening and later closing the file A360 finally allowed me to delete the file.

I wanted to move the folder that contained the file and it failed. Then I copied the folder that worked.

Then I wanted to delete the original folder and that failed. Then I went into the folder and deleted the files

which worked for all just not the 8Cm Dome model. So I opened and checked the file. Closed it.

Now I was able to delete it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 7.19.52 AM.png

2. Does not show what file has a relationship.

When a folder has many files and you want to move it and A360 refuses to prevent breaking anything that might have a link

it would be amazing if the web UI would be able to show what file cannot safely just be moved - copied.

I have two folders with an insane amount of test files since Fusion360 beta from 2013 and I would not want open file by file

to check it.

So if the UI can show me the problematic files I could much quicker as a user fix the problem to make them movable.

3. When moving everything also files with relationships should safely move.

If all files including those having a relationship to each other are inside one folder then the user should be allowed to move

the complete folder with the files inside!

4. Downloading a folder resulted into 1 file downloaded!

So this kinda renders the tool pointless when Fusion does not do what the user asks.

At least a proper error message would be useful such as cannot download because of following file relationships or so.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 7.27.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-23 at 7.27.37 AM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report