Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing IDF's

Importing IDF's

Would be great to have this potential for an electronics packaging workflow (with an eye on CFD ultimately).

Best,

Brian

8 Comments
konkers
Enthusiast

Looks like this is comming in the next update: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-differently/fusion-360-and-fusion-360-ultimate-roadmap-into-nex...

On the roadmap there's and IDF Import for Fusion 360 Basic and ECAD integration for Fusion 360 Ultimate.  Not sure what gets bucketed into each.

robduarte
Collaborator

Did this ever happen? The roadmap said January 15 for IDF import, but I don't see it in the software. Also, I see that someone from Autodesk mentioned a working script to do IDF import. Has anyone tried it?

Rob

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

dderiso
Participant

Any status updates on this? It is an important feature for DFM.

Daniel_Graham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for this input.  You will see us delivering functionality around this early next year.

In the mean time I would encourage you to have a look at:

https://www.ecad.io/

This will allow you to translate an IDF file to STEP with nice tools for filtering/simplification.

Once you have that STEP you can open it in Fusion.

Please reach out with specific feedback around this topic.

Thanks,

Daniel

daniel.graham@autodesk.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

We are considering Autodesk Fusion 360 for our mainstream design. IDF importation is critical for our workflow, so our decision depends on the availability of a decent importer.

Any plans for having the IDF importation available?

Best regards,

Adrian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump.  Interested in this feature as well.  Is this available yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

bump.

Also very interested in this, coming from Solidworks.

currently using Eagle (oh look - also bought by Autodesk) with generate-3D-idf-data.ulp to generate idf files (extremely simple file format)

then idfstepper to generate a step file. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well, and idfstepper is not available for mac (haven't managed to compile myself yet)

I have made my own eagle library for every single part we use, just so that we can use layers tCad and bCad for 3D data, and generate IDF data easily, but unlike Solidworks, where I could just import that, Fusion360 makes it much more complicated. Unfortunately, ecad.io while it seems nice, does not do things right for our (custom) parts...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report