Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix windows Taskbar Icon - software updates

Fix windows Taskbar Icon - software updates

I dont know if otheres are having this issue or just me, but every time Fusion does its auto update on startup, whenever it gets rolled out, my icon I have pinned to the windows taskbar always becomes a white page, loosing its fusion icon.

Its really no big deal, I unpin, and repin the new one from my desktop, but it would be nice to not have to do that. The icon itself still works, it just looses the graphic it used to have.

5 Comments
changedsoul
Collaborator

Could not find how to edit this post, but I forgot to mension I am using windows 8.1.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is a Microsoft bug. Most Windows App updates involve quitting and relaunching the app. I think AutoDesk has gone a step further with the ability to keep the app open while patching it. The icon change is probably a limitation on Microsoft's end, so you may want to write a feature request at Microsoft for better API support for developers like AutoDesk to autoupdate apps without the temporary white icon.

changedsoul
Collaborator

Thats funny, getting microsoft to implent a featureSmiley Very Happy

Anyways, I am not sure how it could be a MS issue because the location to where the icon points gets changed.

The shortcut that is displayed in the taskbar is located at:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

The icon seems to be located:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\_Some_Random_Folder

and when fusion gets updated, this random folder changes, but the shortcut is not updated.

I can only speculate that ther desktop icon gets updated because fusion update probable deletes the old one, and adds a new one with the correct paths. All fusion would need to do it also delete and restore the taskbar one too.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report