Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faster UI for "Change Active Units" browser widget

faster UI for "Change Active Units" browser widget

In the interest of a more fluid drawing environment with fewer mouse moves, less clicks, let's please improve the"Change Active Units" widget in the browser's root level by converting it from a command that triggers a windoid with a units selector and OK/cancel buttons, to a simple drop-down. So its just one move to the browser and a menu elect rather than three discrete steps.

I prefer to design in metric, but all of my metal extrusions come in english dimensions here in Canada (and USA, I presume). So I'm often having to switch display units. 

4 Comments
Mike.Grau
Alumni

Yes, great idea, a simple dropdown menu would be nice to have.

Thanks,

mavigogun
Advisor

Better yet, make a switch units hotkey- we need a reflexive ability to switch.

AmishSolanki
Advocate

I believe this really needs to be looked at. 

Preferences let you set the default unit for NEW designs, but there should also be a option for imported design as well.

Every model that I'm supplied with gets imported and is in MM. I work in Inches. It takes a total of 5 mouse clicks to change from MM->Inch. This seems silly to me. Hotkey would be perfect, or just a much much easier way to do this.

johngrimsmo
Enthusiast

Love the idea, I design everything in INCH but need to convert it to MM to export an STL for my 3d printer, then change it back to continue working.  This would be super handy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report