Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Offset Geometry

Extend Offset Geometry

As a user and trainer in both Inventor and Fusion 360, I create a lot of the same geometry in both, which is when you find subtle differences. One that I find a little frustrating is that in Fusion 360, if you project a piece of geometry, then offset this, it doesn't appear to let you extend.

To explain a little better, in Inventor, if I was to create the following sketch, projecting the three lower pieces of geometry, then using an offset and closing with a line:

Inventor Offset 1.PNG

If I then apply a Tangent constraint between one of the arcs and the closing line, it extends the arc to form a fully defined slot shape:

Inventor Offset 2.PNG

However, if I were to repeat the same process in Fusion 360, when it comes to adding a Tangent constraint, it errors, as if it is unable to extend the Offset geometry, therefore unable to achieve the slot shape as simply as I would in Inventor:

Fusion Offset 1.PNGFusion Offset 2.PNG

Don't get me wrong, there are ways around this, however this is so simple to do in Inventor, you would hope it would be as simple or even simpler in Fusion 360 Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report