Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct link from material to supplier and manufacturer

Direct link from material to supplier and manufacturer

Hey everyone, I'm  a fusion360 user, not sure if this has already been posted-

having a toolbar that links material choice to a panel that relates directly to suppliers and other manufacturers for costs and availability would be amazing, I know this is no small task to ask of, but as a manufacturer and designer, this would be a very valuable tool to me and I'm sure many others would agree.

Perhaps displaying the stocked item- the price and the available amount, would be a plus if there was also an ETA for shipments of said material. Further to that, a way to actively purchase the material directly from the CAD software.

I can imagine obvious drawbacks such as integration of such a massive network spanning countries, hundreds of companies needing to have their own output of the software to have an affliation or partnership with Autodesk.

If such a thing were to exist, it would make the process of ideation- development- production much more efficient in many ways.

Thanks for your time!

4 Comments

It'd not be easy, but there is a huge opportunity to build a frictionless marketplace for manufacturers into F360 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Each step made towards it working, is one step less for the result!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some companies which supply inventory software could get on board, for example MYOB would be great if we could output our file information to make quotes directly

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Archinved due to lack of votes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report