Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detachable Workspaces/Views

Detachable Workspaces/Views

I use a 3x1 monitor setup. Currently I run in eyefinity mode at 5760x1080. I run it stretch because it allows me to run maximized across all three screens. It would be really helpful if we could have the option of undocking the views when in multi view so we could snap them to other monitors.

Running in eyefinity is my workaround to prevent myself from being limited to a single screen or having to manually resize the window to fit within all three screen without accidentally docking it to one of windows 7 snap areas……

If we had the ability to undock workspaces like in photoshop many of us multi monitor fools would be getting even more done.

Fusion 360 is awesome! Keep up the amazing work!

4 Comments
O.Tan
Advisor

Makes sense since this will allow me to open 2 assemblies side by side, so I can do comparisons or give me a better overview of things.

Though I'm not sure how well Fusion handles multi CPU and probably multi GPU cause this certainly sounds like it'll be more of a performance related issue.

Btw, voted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if they are using any of the CPU LOL.

At this point in time at home my system barely uses any of its resources when using fusion... Even in the most complicated tasks. 

Also at the company I am contracted to at the moment... I built them a Desktop with a Devils Canyon i7 and 32 GB of ram and in this build of F360 with their extremey complicated models I have barely seen any of its resources get used. 

I may be crazy to assume everything is done on the video card.... Sure feels like it LOL. 

Being able to detach/undock work spaces and views would be a life saver. When I model in eyefinity mode I cant use the multi view because none of the views line up with my monitor edges. It ebcomes really uncomfortable... I do prefer the multi view because that is how I first learned to work in 3d with the quake 2 engine and Halflife sdk. Work flow is so much faster when you have x,y,z at a glance and like you mentioned being able to compare work would be fantastic too.

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report