Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combine remove commands into on feature (option)

combine remove commands into on feature (option)

so many individual remove features making the timeline a pain to use ...

would it be possible if desired to simply combine them into one remove feature!?

Capture6.PNG

5 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

instead of adding for each object removed a feature as the only way

think about fillet - i can add many edges at once to the fillet command

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 8.45.28 PM.png

HughesTooling
Consultant

In that situation is there a reason you are using remove and not delete? Delete will let you make multiple selection, still it is odd that remove doesn't work the same way.

Mark

cekuhnen
Mentor

@HughesTooling Because Delete is deleting the part completely! - remove is removing it from the timeline after the marker

HughesTooling
Consultant

I know the difference but still not sure why you'd use remove in that situation, do you need to reference the removed faces later in the timeline then. I'm just curious about your work flow and what you're using remove for in a situation like this. I have used it where I've removed a component that's referenced later in the design but not needed for anything else. 

Mark

cekuhnen
Mentor

@HughesTooling First delete will kill the features before and it gives you a warning. I used fillet here as a way to cut the shape nicely open without a new sketch to use it for that (split trim). So I use remove because I do not need the fillet surfaces anymore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report