Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture visibility in Named View

Capture visibility in Named View

Hello-

I think it would be great if we could capture visibility of parts/components in a named view.  Here's an example...  You design a whole car in Fusion 360.  You then create named views that allow you to "focus" on key areas of your design, such as "Engine" "Trunk" "Dash", etc.  However, I would like to be able to turn parts/components off, and when I capture the Named View (Engine, for example), it captures not only the camera info, but also the parts that are displayed.  That way the hood isn't in the way of the engine, when I go to the Engine named view.

5 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

A selection set would not work for that ?

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

lucasproko
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hello - I wanted to give an update on this from the Product Management side of things. We have begun investigations into what this workflow should look like, and we agree that it would be a useful tool. When we think about this, we would like to give the option to not only change the visibility of objects in a given view, but we'd also like to have unique appearances, unique camera settings and perhaps unique environments as well. We'll continue to spec this out on our end, but I do not expect this to be shipped in product for at least a year - hence the Future Consideration Status.

Thanks, and let us know if you have any additional ideas about this Idea. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be real nice if the visibility could be 'remembered' for the different views in Fusion. I mean that if I turn on all the visibility in 'design' it looks real weird in 'render'. So it would be nice to be able to change the setting per view.

TrippyLighting
Consultant

That would indeed be very nice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report