Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Path Bar

Better Path Bar

Hi folks,

Here a super necessarily request: A better navigation on the path Bar!

Guys, I don't know how you normally nest for projects, but in our case, we have an universe of folders like a Matryoshka doll, and the path bar, that we use a lot to go backwards or forwards between designs, is driven me and my team members crazy.

1. The back arrow next to the big-bold project name jumps dramatically to the home page, where all the projects are, and not folder by folder.

2. The Path bar transforms itself in a ridiculously three dots line (...) after coming inside a design, which is nested into 5 folders. I know that 5 folders could sound a lot, but guys, a "Project" for us is a company folder, and each company has a lot of projects, designs, and so on. You know what I mean. Anyways. The "..." dots line is so bad, that is almost impossible to jump exactly in the place where we want to be in the first try. I though that the three dots line appeared only because I was working on my 13" laptop, but it appears working on a 42" display also. 😕

My suggestion: what if you design the Path bar as the browser tree that we all already know from the design environment? Get rid from the horizontal Path bar and make a vertical path bar, or patch tree in that case. I know that you are trying to do "a kind of browser tree" on the pop up menu that appears after clicking the "...", but for know that is a weak approximation to a real useful path navigator.

Put the path tree on the left side from the Data panel, with a customisable width bar, and I think everyone will be happy with these improvement.

Thanks!

1 Comment
kb9ydn
Advisor

The current generation of UI designers seems to have forgotten why tree navigation is so ubiquitous; it just #^$!*^& works!  Everyone is in love with breadcrumbs these days, and they can be convenient, but they are no substitute for a real tree structure.  I find the current data panel clunky and inefficient, and would much rather have a standard file tree.

C|

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report