Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Mesh Export - Topology, Normals, UV's, & general process

Better Mesh Export - Topology, Normals, UV's, & general process

Models in Fusion 360 seem incredibly clean and well-made, so it's really a shame that exported .obj meshes are such a mess.  I shouldn't have to rebuild my model from the ground upjust so that I can use it in another 3D software, for painting/rendering/presentation etc.  It'd be really nice if there were a better mesh exporting process, with more control over ensuring that topology is good (or at least not broken/unusable!) and more control over ensuring that exported normals won't look a complete mess.  Also, I don't expect the exported UVs to be the same quality as manual UV mapping, but they're completely unuseable.  The "Automatic" texture mapping option just creates some "project from view" UVs.

It'd be really nice if we could have better mesh export support, so that Fusion 360's modeling capabilities have use outside of internal renders.  The clean, intuitive modeling capabilities fall short if they break when you try to use the models outside of the program.

1 Comment
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Hi @Anonymous, 

We are currently working on the idea for better control over the UV mapping of textures.

As for the rest of the post - you have a few different ideas listed.  Please break these in to separate posts and resubmit. 

Thanks

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report