Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Measure Tool Similar to Inventor's

Better Measure Tool Similar to Inventor's

In Inventor when measuring a STL mesh body, Inventor would do a pretty good job detecting features of the object. Things like faces, circles, and the like - See the following picture for what I mean.

Inventor_2018-09-10_11-51-05.png

In Fusion360 I just get to measure point to point. It would be very nice to have this sort of detection and measurements inside Fusion360.Fusion360_2018-09-10_11-55-16.png

5 Comments

Another example: when selecting a circular face, measure tells you the area and loop length, but not the diameter. Diameter is usually a common thing to measure...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, how about all the rest of the available points that have been around forever, such as quadrant points, tangency points from a point, midpoints on lines or arcs (or a plane for that matter), etc.

SolubleSpork
Advocate

There is a lot of room for improvement in the measure tool.  Currently, when I measure spacing between holes, for instance, the center-to-center distance gets shown, but there is also a min and max distance that both overlap the center to center distance so it's impossible to tell what the measurement is from the center of the screen.

stiller.design
Collaborator

YESSSS...PLEEAASEEEE

I really miss a :

- point to point (selfmade reference point) 

- from a flat surface to a point (closest distance not diagonal)

- also a shortcut to start a new messurement and not always having to press a button

123megamind
Contributor

A rework of the measuring feature is really needed as it is difficult to use and get what you want. Center to center, off sets, delta, tangent, getting the gizmo to appear to see x,y,z, point to point without having to make a point, so much more. So many times my boss wants to see a measurement and it just can't be done without creating new objects or something.

Note see the Solidworks measuring system as it is much more intuitive and has many of the usual options you want. However it could be still improved of course. 

Dude look at all the measuring systems in all the top CAD packages and 3d modeling apps and create a forum topic and blogs and have meetings and really get the ultimate system -it really is worth it as it can vastly improve designers skills and temperament.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report