Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc creating from Line command (fix needed)

Arc creating from Line command (fix needed)

Hi to Autodesk and to you all,

this is one thing that really bugging me in Fusion. If you are in Sketch creating and if you use LINE tool, than you can directly from this LINE tool create ARC. That is standard. BUT, it does it only in one way. You can't create ARC in 4 directions as in other CADs. See below animations of what i think.

CORRECT way how it is done in other SW:

ArcFromLine-Correct.gifBAD way of how it is now in Fusion 360:ezgif.com-resize (14).gif

- In Fusion, you can create only tangent ARC in the direction of the line. You can't go backwards. And that is bad 😞  

5 Comments
PinRudolf
Advocate

I support this idea. Although I do believe the tangent arc is the most common in these situations I would like to have the option to connect a arc perpendicular to the line as well. Smiley Happy

mhreed
Explorer

I absolutely support this. Had this problem myself the other day. 

docara
Collaborator

Absolutely support this.

I also think the inclusion of the shift key might be useful in helping choose (flip) the direction 

lucasliraAU
Collaborator

would be a good resource for the implementation, this can make the construction can flow in a better and agiler way. 

k6ls
Advocate

YES!

I wasted a lot of time on this exact issue. 

solution:  I went to Draftsight (free 2d cad software, from Solidworks), drew the part, saved it and then imported and extruded it to make my part in a fraction of time it took trying to figure out wth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report