Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLY Button for CAM operations

APPLY Button for CAM operations

An APPLY button when configuring CAM operations would make altering settings much more efficient.

For example, if your are altering tool step over or number of finishing cuts it would be better to click APPLY to see the results and not OK and then have to reopen the operation to re-edit.

fusion.JPG

10 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

One thing to note, I think this should only be for 2d CAM ops because if you had a 3d adaptive cut that might take 5 or 10 minutes to calculate you'd be left unable to do anything else. Or perhaps a warning if you're editing a 3d op.

Mark

Lonnie.Cady
Advisor

I agree.  I have seen a similar 'preview' option in other systems that is available when editing the operation.  It would be nice to not have to close the entire operation dialog just to see the effects the changes have made to the tool path.   It would likely be more beneficial to 2D and turning tool paths.  Some 3d tool paths it would still be better to close the edit operation dialog and allow it to process while you continue working.

HughesTooling
Consultant

It will definitely be useful with turning toolpaths, they always have me running in circles trying to figure out lead-in/out angles!

Mark

Lonnie.Cady
Advisor

@HughesTooling I think there are also some bugs in the lead in lead out that can cause some confusion also.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad it's not just me that finds the lead in and out a little odd. @HughesTooling @Lonnie.Cady

al.whatmough
Alumni

conceptually, this does make a lot of sense.  

As has been pointed out above, this works very well for toolpaths that generate quickly.

(in many cases the ones that generate very quickly we give an instant preview (Drilling, Probing)

@porsbym  any thoughts on this one?

I like the instant preview idea. Not crazy about clicking another button

al.whatmough
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

I need to archive this one.  While there is a "User story" here with a workflow that needs to be improved as noted by the votes.

However, this particular solution to the problem does not align with the fusion workflows.

We will continue to provide an instant preview in cases where that is possible.  We will also continue to improve the previews of the end result for more complex toolpath calculations.

Lonnie.Cady
Advisor

Thanks @al.whatmough for updating.  While not necessarily the answer desired 😞  I can personally say that prefer this response by the CAM team then to leave us wondering.

Also I realize you may have a better solution any way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely interested in this. I posted a similar question on the forum. I'm glad I'm not the only one would like to see this added. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/generating-and-viewing-toolpath-while-in-op...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report