Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Extrude Extent Options

Additional Extrude Extent Options

Currently when using Extrude, you only have the options of:  Distance, To Object, and All.  I'm a SolidWorks user, and they have a lot of additional extents that would be really helpful (especially when cutting, which I probably do more than add really). I would also do this with the Hole function.

Here's all that SW has:  http://help.solidworks.com/2016/english/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_end_condition_extrude.htm

I would suggest adding these two to start (and recommend adding all that SW has as I've used them all at various times):

1.  To Surface:  Select a surface, and the extrude goes to that surface.  Could be somewhat smart to add/cut depending on where the selected surface is, but would still need a selector for add/cut.

2.  To Next:  Would go through a body to say a hole and stop.  This is one of the most common ones I use when doing holes.  On the drawing, it gets dimensioned as "Thru", where using the All above would be dimensioned as "Thru All"

1 Comment
PinRudolf
Advocate

Hi Shorin,

What is called "To Surface" in SW is called Extent: To Object in Fusion. This option is also the alternative for SW's Offset from Surface and Up to vertex. Please note all the extra options that become available when you select Extent: To Object!

I believe that, from the list you linked to, only "to next" is missing in Fusion. Well... it's not really missing... it's just that you have to select the surface manually. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report