Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Sweep

3D Sweep

This would work just like normal sweep, but it uses a 3D object to create the new shape. This would be particularly useful when working with objects that are on different angles.

For instance, let's say we have cylinder and a round pin (narrow cylinder) that needs to touch the outside of the cylinder along the entire length of the pin. If the two axes are parallel, then that is no problem. However, even though these are very basic bodies, if the axis of the pin is on an angle, it already seems to be nearly impossible to create a geometry that satisfies above requirement by cutting away a section of the disk. Using a 3d object such as the pin as the defining shape for the sweep and then using the newly created sweep as the "cutting tool", would nicely handle this situation.   

3 Comments
RogerInHawaii
Collaborator

I would like that feature not just for full 3D objects but for Faces as well. I've got a fairly complex Face consisting of numerous curves and all I want to do is a simple Extrude of it, not even a complex sweep, but Fusion doesn't handle that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By God name,

Hey I am new using fusion 360 . BuT I Think I can help. 

WhilsT working on  3d mood Assign The feaTures you wanT The objecT  To be shaped wiTh Then sweep The feaTures you assigned using The paTh you choose. 

you can also do The mulTi copying pasTing Then Try To lofT Them. 

Hope This well help. Good luck 

Have you checked the surface workspace for such tasks?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report