Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Beech wood

3D Beech wood

Can 3D Beech wood be addeed to fusion 360 materiail library? 

Beech has bigest hardwood share in European forests and is most widely used hardwood for furniture and small wood products - ( toys, choping boards, cutlery, bowls, hangers, mallets, boxes, musical instruments, pens etc. ) and flooring. As i see American Beech is also very common, inexpensive hardwood.

I can't see difference in image between European and American so one beech wood could do both.

see pages 9 and 11

http://www.diva-portal.se/smash/get/diva2:206016/FULLTEXT01.pdf    

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a problem with this when I wanted to render dowel in my GCSE project. It would also be useful if plywood was added to, as I was using that in my project too.

urkee
Participant

Untitled picture.png

urkee
Participant

You can create thin box (dimensions of one layer of plywood sheet you are making model), copy it in desired number of layers (plywood always has odd number of layeres) and rotate layers 2,4,6... 90 degrees. Every layer should have F360 3D solid wood appearance to make realistic plywood. That is for plywood from F360 3D solid wood library. I think you can make realistic beech plywood (if you have square parts)  render but you need to make custom material.  

Dowels are always made from beech wood, i forgot to put them on list of beech products. For rendering round parts, we need 3D solid beech wood!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report