Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Pocket with internal Islands

2D Pocket with internal Islands

For 2D CAM, the pocket operation does not give an intuive way to recognize islands within the pocket. Although two chains can be slected with one enclosed by the other and the resulting tool paths will result in correct geometry, there is not an intelligent transition between them.

Example: With a circular pocket with concentric circular island, two nearly-seperate tool paths are created. One spiral plunges counter-clockwise to mill the contour of the outer edge, then retracts. The second spiral plunges clockwise to mill th einner circle countour.

fusionFeatureRequestImage.png

Expected behavior: One one plunge is needed for this operation. The entire circular pocket should be milled by first spiral plunging in to the outer contour, then spiraling inward until the inner countour is milled.

5 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

There is very likely a way to get what you want.  You should post this question along with a sample file on the CAM forum.

C|

Like @kb9ydn said I think this is due to your geometry or settings because what you want should already be quite easy to accomplish.

bmxjeff
Collaborator

I'm thinking you can select multiple "Entry" points. One point per selected contour. Then, make sure the "Stay down" distance isn't more than the distance between the two entry points.

Let me know if that is what you're trying to do! : )

colin.smith
Alumni
This item has been archived due to a lack of votes. If you feel this item is important feel free to create a new idea station item.
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report