Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Drawing sketching, symbols etc

2D Drawing sketching, symbols etc

Hi!

So, I would like to add drawing numbers quick and easy. This is due to point out dimensions i want to be measured, as for production. The measured dimensions will be referred to a (in) measure protocol and easy for us and producer to find. Proposal, as we used to do in Creo, either in a balloon or within two brackets, but rotated 90 degrees (1) (2) etc. Balloon should be size dependent on text height and so should the brackets.

Next. These numbers should be able to relate to view or dimension, due to if you move the view, a simple text box (which I’m using now), just stays put...and if you have many dimensions...well you get the picture.

Next. Not to be able to sketch in drawing mode is a setback for me. I cannot point out areas, which in my case is to point out a specific are that must be masked or need a silk print, keep out or keep in area etc. Furthermore, text with a leader can only snap to an edge. I need point out a surface. I can do it, but i must create a feature in 3D model, which is more work...and time consuming.

BR/JP

2 Comments
jp3JQAA
Enthusiast

One more thing. Centerlines and center marks for holes, seems to be in one size. If using scale 1:1 on a A3 drawing, it´s ok, but changing scale to 1:3 / 1:5, the centerlines and center markings are huge. What i have done is manually change them, but it´s taking very long time, and i have many holes...Also, if you change them like i have done, there is no way to change the dash/dot, it looks just like a cross. Correct me if i´m totally lost and missed something.

See pics below.

BR

JP

cross no change.JPGcross.JPG

Jon_Bancroft
Advocate

I would also like to be able to sketch in 2D drawings.

One example is I want to be able to draw gauge pin circles for GD&T/inspection purposes. I would like to be able to draw a circle of a pin diameter, then make geometrically associate it with the drawing lines (tangent, coincident, etc.), and also be able to reference drawing dimensions to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report