Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using conditional expression in parameters

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tdesve
494 Views, 5 Replies

Using conditional expression in parameters

Hi there.

I would like to calculate the depth of a drawer based on the hardware that can fit into the box containing the drawer.

The hardware comes in different sizes (250mm, 280mm, 300mm,...) and I need to use a conditional expression to 1st determine the hardware which can fit in the box and then calculate the depth of the drawer based on the hardware dimensions. In conventional language, I would use a "case of" or "if ... elsif... else" xpression to do so.

Can I emulate this in anyway within Fusion 360 ? I'm not sure we can create user defined function using the extension API in such a way they can be used in the Design environment.

In between, I will do it manually (which isn't a big deal either...).

Regards

Thierry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: tdesve

Hi,

For the arrangement of hinges in cabinets I used the workaround demonstrated in the screencast.

günther

Message 3 of 6
vladimir_michl

You can mimick some of conditional expressions using sign, min, max and other math tricks. See:

https://www.cadforum.cz/en/how-to-use-conditional-parameter-values-in-fusion-360-tip12638

Vladimir Michl, www.arkance-systems.cz - www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 6
tdesve

Thanks Günther, I got the idea ! That will work ! Thanks for taking the time to help me !

Message 5 of 6
tdesve

Thanks Vladimir ! Complements what Günther proposed. I will make it work that way ! Excellent !

Message 6 of 6
tdesve

Here is the final approach...

Each hardware has a nominal length (NL). Drawer will be smaller than that. And NL needs to fit in the box.

The approach works smoothly ! Thanks !

Capture d’écran 2021-12-19 à 10.37.44.png

With that, I can automate drawer size calculation.

Have a good day,

Thierry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report