Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch strange behavior

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
kroteg304
433 Views, 12 Replies

sketch strange behavior

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: kroteg304

Do I see white dots? (Not good!)

Do I see blue lines? (Not good!)

Do I see asymmetry where I would expect to see aesthetically pleasing symmetry? 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 13
laughingcreek

pretty sure this is a profile tracking bug.  I think it's related to the arc here-

laughingcreek_0-1597330626790.png

@jeff_strater , @Phil.E -wasn't there something like this reported a little while back?

Message 4 of 13
kroteg304
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer
Message 5 of 13
TheCADWhisperer

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 6 of 13
kroteg304

😃 

Message 7 of 13

Message 8 of 13
TheCADWhisperer

@kroteg304 

What is the diameter of your circle?

Is there a logical reason that it is not dimensioned?

Why do you have this extra line in this side, but in no other locations (except the double mirror)?

Why.png

Are there any unresolved issues highlighted in yellow in your Timeline?

I am trying to determine if the Design Intent is for symmetry about this line?

Symmetry Line.png

Many of your sketches are not fully defined which makes it difficult for me to determine your true Design Intent.

I suspect that this geometry would be more efficiently created with a Pattern, Rib or Web.

Message 9 of 13
kroteg304

The circle repeats the diameter of the "gore".
Lines were drawn on the circle in the form of a curved grid. Then the extra lines were cut off.
The protruding lines could not be cut off.

Message 10 of 13
TheCADWhisperer

@kroteg304 wrote:

The protruding lines could not be cut off.

You should fully constrain each and every sketch for robust and predictable results.

You should immediately stop and ask questions if you cannot fully define a sketch.

I suspect that something like one of the two examples is the technique that you should have used (the outside ring can be easily removed if you don't really want it (like in your original))

Web.png

Message 11 of 13
Phil.E
in reply to: laughingcreek

@laughingcreek  Yes it is similar. Good catch. Always helps to have more than one example.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 13
Phil.E

Your model has a spline that is drawn around a profile. Splines do not perfectly fit curves, and this is causing some confusion in the way profiles are tracked.

The red part is a closed profile with a tiny areaThe red part is a closed profile with a tiny areaThe dark blue ring is a spline drawn around an existing sketch edgeThe dark blue ring is a spline drawn around an existing sketch edge

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 13
laughingcreek
in reply to: Phil.E

@Phil.E - another example of having fusion project invisible lines when a sketch is created on a face the default setting causing confusion.

but hey, less clutter, right?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report