Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangle with 4 corner heights

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
336 Views, 6 Replies

Rectangle with 4 corner heights

hello all.

what i want to do is a rectangle with a 8heigh in one corner, 4 in other, 2 in other and 0 in the other.  im having some issue finding the way to change the heights of the corners. 

can someone show how to do it please. searched already and couldind find, here or web or youtube 😛 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

What's it going to be when it's done?
Please show pictures.

günther

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

Sem título.jpg

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

You are very unclear on what you desire.  First, you do not mention the units.  I did my example in inches but the same process is used for millimeters.  You ask for a rectangle, that is just four lines then you show a solid which I did also.  You also did not specify, if it is a solid, how much you wanted below the points, in my example I extended it down 2 inches.  The construction plane you see in my model is on the origin.  Model is attached.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

YE...your totally right.

when i said "rectangle" i wanted to mean "parallelepiped" 😕 the solid of a rectangle - sorry my mistake.

the units where not important, thats why i didnt mentioned them. 

what i want is the solid you show. how did you do it? 

ps: i manage to do it. BUT MAN...i think theres a easier way than the way ive made 😄 

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

The Screencast and the model can be used to see how I did my model.  In this Screencast, I took a faster approach with an Extrude to the surface patch instead of using surfaces.  Again, I am using inches as my units of measure and the construction plane showing is at origin level (X-Y Plane).

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
etfrench

Here's a slightly different method

parallelepiped.JPG

p.s. Two of the sketches aren't necessary as the splitting tools can be extended to cut the opposite sides.  Just create the splitting tool (line) for both sides in one sketch.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report