Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previewer failed, plz check the file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
430 Views, 1 Reply

Previewer failed, plz check the file

Hello everyone, 

I am very new to Fusion 360 and learning it from Autodesk Coursera Course now. When I clicked on the "previewer" in the generative study, the message showed as bellow. I attached the F3D here. Could you tell me what's wrong with it? What's the suggested solution?

1.PNG

Thanks,

Zhenlin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
henderh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Zhenlin,

The issue is with the preserves not going sick due to the mirror and body removals made in the Edit Model workspace.  We should be marking the preserved bodies as missing to inform you that something isn't right.  Since there are no longer any preserved bodies, it is causing the previewer to fail.

You can verify this by going to Edit Model and roll back the timeline marker (at least prior the last mirror and body removals) then roll it forward again.  This will force a recompute.  When you return to Define the study setup, you'll see that the preserves are now correctly marked as missing.

We have it logged in our system as ID-57946 and will forward it on to Development for further investigation.

You can repair the setup easily by editing the design space, and selecting the mirrored bodies for preserves and obstacles.  The loads and constraints will find their lost targets automatically, once the preserve and obstacle associations are re-established.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best regards,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report