Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plasma cutting simulation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kellyWT9NF
503 Views, 6 Replies

plasma cutting simulation

Just logging back into Fusion for another project after a few weeks of using it. I got my new project all drawn up and switch into manufacture to create a tool path. I believe I'm doing everything as I have in the past however after I create the path and go to simulate something looks different and I don't get the triangle (play) button on the bottom. A pop-up window opens up so I know its in some sort of simulation mode.. however I just don't see that Im able to run the tool path I created.

I attached the file below. I looked around on here a bit but didn't see any simulation issues that really fit what I'm was experiencing. Any help would be great!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: kellyWT9NF

Your model only has the toolpath setup to cut out two holes.  This executes just fine on my system.  I will export the file and you can see if it works on your system.  Maybe just a fluke in the file format.

Toolpath.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
kellyWT9NF
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks John. Yeah all I was trying to do at this point was to calibrate my kerf setting in the tool settings and was making some test cuts on those holes to make sure they were cutting exactly the size I needed as I have something that needs to slip through those holes and lock in. I have very little room for error. But yes I was aware I was only cutting the holes. My problem is Im still not able to run a tool path simulation. I will post a screen shot of what Im seeing.

I can however export the G code and had been able to run my test cuts.. just was wondering why I can run a simulation like I had always been able to. On another note Im noticing now when setting up my tool path to the completed file that when I select each line to cut that its not putting the directional arrow on each cut. In the past I had been able to flip the direction I want to cut from.. for some reason its not showing that arrow for me no either.
Message 4 of 7
kellyWT9NF

I just clicked the minimize button on the top right hand corner of the screen and it brought the play button in so I can run the simulation!!! I don't know if that was a fluke with my computer or what.. but its working now 🙂

still curious though about why those directional arrows don't show up when building the tool path..
Message 5 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: kellyWT9NF

I really do not know why you are not seeing the Simulation controls but as far as the Toolpath arrows, you only get those if you are using the "Chain" geometry selection method.

Chain Selection.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 7
kellyWT9NF

This is what Im seeing..

Message 7 of 7
kellyWT9NF

kellyWT9NF_0-1679360158977.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report