Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

perforated sheet metal panels?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
camstuff
4759 Views, 7 Replies

perforated sheet metal panels?

Is there a way to model or sketch a proper perforated panel.  I am in need to design a mesh part and need to create the hole pattern.

Thanks for any advice.

Cam

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
etfrench
in reply to: camstuff

As long as the area covered and the number of perforations are small, then a rectangular pattern will work.  It would be best to do this on a 3d body instead of a sketch.  I believe using features in the pattern is the least intensive computation for Fusion 360. Grounding after making the pattern will also help reduce the amount of computation needed when changes are made in the model.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
camstuff
in reply to: etfrench

Thank you for the reply - I was looking to see if there is a quick way to create a perforated pattern correctly.  The only experience I have had with this is in Solidworks where there is a 'perforated fill pattern'.  Was looking to see if Fusion 360 had a similar work flow for this or if there is a way to do it.

Cam 

Message 4 of 8
chrisplyler

Might I suggest - if you have a larger area to do - that instead of modeling it you set the appearance to one of the downloadable materials and edit that material's properties to suit your needs?

meshes.jpg

Message 5 of 8
camstuff
in reply to: chrisplyler

Thank you for the reply - that is a very great way to visualize the part for sure, but I have to have a stamp tool made so this can be built.  So I need the holes in the correct pattern.  I was just hoping for a method that would make life easier for the hole spacing and placement. 

Cam

Message 6 of 8
laughingcreek

The pattern feature already mentioned is going to be the best answer your going to get with out some more specifics about the pattern you want to achieve.

Message 7 of 8
nesteruk6070
in reply to: etfrench

what works for me is to unfold in tab modify (do not use create flat pattern) then do sketch symmetric pater  /extrude/cut . then modify bend 

Message 8 of 8
Warmingup1953

Will you fabricate using a fully perforated sheet or do you need to utilise CNC Turret punch on the flat stock such that the perforations are not continuous but rather fall only in the unbent sections with a margin per planar face?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report