Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Recent Data mess

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
veso58S5W
939 Views, 20 Replies

My Recent Data mess

Don't know if any other experience this, in last 4-5 months and escalated with latest update, 6th July 2021, and then "simmer" down" today.

Basically My recent Data list is all messed up. I don't see any logical order there?
Not based on the last time used?
Not based on the name?
Not based on number of opening?
Not based on size?
NO LOGICAL ORDER AT ALL.

It is like that as I say for last months, but yesterday made really The Show.

It listed 37 different files, some of those I didn't touch for 2 years, and my recent files were somewhere there. Two of them I specifically looked for. I opened one, it rolled the list, that last file blinked at the top of the list, and - disappeared. I found it somewhere down, not on same place anymore.

Now the Cherry on The Top - the second file I worked on together with the one I opened, and I saw it just beside the one I opened - DISSAPEARED from the list.

It's not the end of the world, but it is really frustrating. 

My suggestion for My Recent Data fix

- not more than 10 files

- of course listed by the last date opened

- Can select the file and remove it from the list 

I don't have to mention, I used The Cleaner, deleted everything loaded back Fusion.

Windows 10-64

Two Xenon E5 3.1GHz 64Gb RAM
Radeon RX590

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

@veso58S5W thank you for reporting this. We are aware of the data panel sorting order problem. We are certainly working on it and I will update this thread here when we have a working fix out. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 21
goodent
in reply to: veso58S5W

This recent data sorting issue is killing me.  bumping thread

Message 4 of 21

I hope you also noticed that after opening any of folders, if you want to open any file Right Mouse Button don't work. 

You click on file, right button - nothing happens.

If you Double Click with Left Button - file opens.

Then, if you go back to open another file - Right Mouse Button - works??????????

That's like - firing up a steam engine LOL 🤣🤔😂

Message 5 of 21

We have deployed 2.0.10446 that should address this issue. Please update to the new version. Please note that the fix is forward create meaning you have to build up the my recent data and the data will stick. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 21

Thank you Rajkumar for updation 😉, all works perfect.

Is there any way to "clean" My Recent data?

I tried Clear Cache Data, but didn't do anything.

Also, is there a way to open Fusion with My Recent data as first "greeting"?

Message 7 of 21
EKMS

Thank you again! I can confirm that the recent data is now showing the correct order.

Message 8 of 21

@veso58S5W You cannot clean/reset the recent data. As to opening it in my recent data, there is no automatic way to set it but Fusion will open to the last project location that you closed it with. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 21

It is doing it AGAIN?????????????????????

I used Cleaner - Re Installed, nothing helped.

The list is complete mess, without last three files I worked on yesterday.

Please escalate this issue as highest priority, it is a basic rule of any program

Message 10 of 21
jhackney1972

I am not seeing the issue, My Recent Data folder in up to date and in order.  Have you tried the Refresh icon?

Refresh.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 11 of 21
veso58S5W
in reply to: jhackney1972

Now, works again normal.

F360 got scared? hahahahahaha

Message 12 of 21
veso58S5W

It works perfect actually.

And Fusion is opening twice faster.

Now, suggestion for the future, hopefully @RajkumarIlanchelian will proceed to right place

1. Would be nice to have My Recent Data selectable, as first opening tab, like we can pin all others

2. To be able to select and delete, the files what are not used, and prioritize the ones you need

3. To be able to see (right click - File Location) where that file is located (folder and project)

One remark about file opening at first try - Right button field don't work. You must left double click to open the file, then any other file works on right click menu.

Keep up the good work guys.

Message 13 of 21
veso58S5W

UNSTABLE BEHAVIOUR AGAIN WARNING WARNING WARNING 🙄🤣😤

It is not a joke, although is funny (not critical) but......

On first opening, all good, all files are there as they should be (listed by the latest worked on) 

After opening 3 files, My Recent Data refresh, and voila, there is no more other 4 recent files listed. Just those 3 I opened and then some mess.

Restart fusion.

On opening only last 3 files listed at the top. Well, that's something 😀

Open one of those files, MRD refresh, VOILA all the files are back, in date order?????????

Message 14 of 21

Latest update works perfect.

Populated everything in perfect chronological order

Thank you guys 😍

Message 15 of 21
james

My Recent Data panel is doing the same thing.  When Fusion opens, all of the files are there.  a few minutes later, Poof!  Gone.  Then 4 files show up.  Two of the files are the same two files that I haven't used in 2 months.  Are there any fixes for this issue yet?

Message 16 of 21
veso58S5W
in reply to: james

Yeah, doing it again here.

Here are 4 sequences snapped in less than a second (while Fusion is refreshing the block)

1st (top left)one is on first opening of the program. All correct.

2nd (top right) one is refreshing, at least all the titles are still there.

3rd (bottom right) is also refreshing, but - notice that "bad" names are coming 😬 Notice Tile End file, that's where all stops, no more than 8 files will be above that one, even if you open 30 of them.

4th (bottom left) is the result, messed hierarchy completely. Stays like that.  

Should be fixed. Little shameful.

And, I say again, the opening project MUST be My Recent Files. That's only logical sense.

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg

Message 17 of 21
veso58S5W
in reply to: james

Today, I opened F360 went to My Recent Data, the list is long and messy, with some recent (4 days) files listed, without any date order, almost being acceptable.

Except - there was nowhere to be seen the  Folder and File, what I created yesterday, from scratch???????????????

It was sitting there in proper folder, but NOT LISTED in My Recent Data.

After opening the file, refreshing MRD, file was on the top.

After restarting program, all was as before close.

Message 18 of 21
mianos

New documents are not even appearing in my recent data now on the Mac.

The recent update stopped it coming up empty and then refreshing to a blank list but now the list is static and old.

Message 19 of 21
mianos
in reply to: mianos

ps, if I hit refresh it does not show my new documents either.
Message 20 of 21
veso58S5W

2 January 2022 after last update several days ago - heretic behavior again of My Recent Data.
It is appearing as first column, what is good, my latest two files I worked on are displayed, then when I click on some of those two, the whole line of files (what should be listed under those two) blink for a second and disappear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report