Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is fusion 360 free indefinitely if your a hobbyist

73 REPLIES 73
Message 1 of 74
bgolash
184447 Views, 73 Replies

Is fusion 360 free indefinitely if your a hobbyist

Hi

I am thinking about using fusion for my cabinet shop. I like the program and would invest

my time designing seed cabinets for my upcoming jobs. But I wonder how long Fusion will be

free. At the moment even if you had to purhase a subscription its very affordable. But again

there is nothing keeping Autodesk from increasing the price to levels too high for a startup.

If it was not indefinite for a small business and a subscription cost $1000.00 a year it would be too high.

12 years of use equals $12000. My take on CAD software is usually if a version was never updated

it would have enough functionalty for 99% of the user base.

Barry

73 REPLIES 73
Message 2 of 74
brianrepp
in reply to: bgolash

Hey Barry - thanks for reaching out.  While I can't necessarily make any promises that Fusion 360 will indefinitely have a free tier, or who meets the guidelines for a free tier (current entitlements here), please know that we are extremely committed to serving the enthusiasts, hobbyists, startups and smaller businesses.  Since day one, Fusion 360 has been heavily adopted by users in this segment, and we credit a great deal of our success thus far to the usage, engagement and feedback from this community - it's is critical to our strategy, and we intend to continue that commitment.  Hope that helps ease your mind, and if you need any help getting going on Fusion 360, let us know... there is a stellar community of experts on these Forums!

Message 3 of 74
simon_cres
in reply to: brianrepp

hi there i have herd that you can get fusion 360 for free if you are a hobbyist i dont have a business or use it to make money but would really  like to try it and i find 30 day to shorter time to get a good feel if i will like the software as i don't spend a lot of time working on projects any helb would be cool 

Message 4 of 74
brianrepp
in reply to: simon_cres

Hi @simon_cres - welcome to the community!  In this scenario you absolutely meet the guidelines of our hobbyist/start-up licensing. Here are details for how to activate it.

Message 5 of 74
Anonymous

I'm new to Fusion 360 and am looking forward top trying it out. Can I install it on more than 1 computer? I want to install on my computer in my hobby shop and also at work, so I can tinker with it and learn in my spare time.
Message 6 of 74
brianrepp
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous - indeed you can!  You can download on another machine, and then login with your existing account (no need to create a new one).

Message 7 of 74

I am interested in getting the free version of your Fusion 360 I am not a professional woodworker (unfortunately) so I won't be using is for business. If I do qualify for you free version would you send me the link please that way I can make sure I get the right one?

Thank you for your time and Have a Great Day
Ken
Message 8 of 74

Hi @oglesbytransport2014 - welcome to the community!  As long as you're using F360 for the purpose of a hobby or a business making less than $100k, you're currently able to download our trial (free) and at the end of the trial sign-up for a free subscription as a hobbyist/startup.  

Message 9 of 74
mark.ezell

Hello,

I already purchased two years of subscription when you guys had a deep discount last year. I just read this thread and have some questions. I am a professional engineer, but am not using Fusion for work, just at home. I am currently trying the sheet metal functionality  for an unpaid test project (an arbor, that will be built, but I will not be selling it). I would say I'm somewhere in between hobbyist and professional user, but have no income from use.

• Are there any differences between the hobbyist subscription and the professional one (storage space, number of projects etc)?
  • Can I suspend the subscription I already purchased until I no longer qualify or the offer is no longer available?
  • Baring that, can I transition back to the free subscription if it is still available and I qualify at the end of my subscription?

Thanks,

Mark Ezell

Message 10 of 74
brianrepp
in reply to: mark.ezell

Hi Mark - thanks for posting.

• Are there any differences between the hobbyist subscription and the professional one (storage space, number of projects etc)?
    • As of today, the only difference comes in between Standard and Ultimate.  Are you currently paying for Ultimate?
  • Can I suspend the subscription I already purchased until I no longer qualify or the offer is no longer available?
    • Unfortunately, this isn't possible.
  • Baring that, can I transition back to the free subscription if it is still available and I qualify at the end of my subscription?
    • If at the end of your current paid subscription you still qualify for the terms of hobbyist at that time, then you can most definitely move over to our hobbyist license.
Message 11 of 74
cybrdave

I am an RC (radiocontrol) hobbiest and I own a DIY CNC router to cut things.

I recently downloaded a copy of Fusion 360 to create toolpaths for my hobby.

Is there some process or "thing" I have to sign up for to make my software not expire?

I like playing with new technologies but if it will expire before I get proficient then it's not worth starting on.

Dave

Message 12 of 74
brianrepp
in reply to: cybrdave

Hi Dave - once your trial is done, you will have the option to extend your subscription for a year as a hobbyist.  At the end of the year as a hobbyist, assuming you still meet the qualifications, you can simply once again extend your subscription as a hobbyist for an additional year.  As long as we continue to offer this benefit, you will be able to continue to extend your subscription!  Does that help?

Message 13 of 74
Anonymous

What about YouTube videos?
All models and schemartics that I make will be available to anyone in the world for free. Access to all my videos is free for everyone, but the videos are monetized. I definitely need the €1,4 that I make every 2 years.
Do I still qualify for a hobbyist license?

Message 14 of 74
TrippyLighting

Yes! When you're approaching making $100k a year, one back and ask.

Peter Doering
Message 15 of 74
mauro.rivamonti

Hi
I want ti kwon if Fusion is free for people that use that software for commercial use but that business make less than 100000$ per year.
In addition has fusion the sheet metal module?
Thank you
Message 16 of 74
brianrepp
in reply to: mauro.rivamonti

Hello @mauro.rivamonti - today you can have access to F360 (including sheetmetal) for free if you're making less than $100k per year.

Message 17 of 74
Anonymous

Hi Brian. 

I just created an acount and installed the free trial. It´s for hobby use, but i did not get to choose between hobby use ore education. How can that be.

Michael.

Message 18 of 74
skubie

It's the very same product. After the trial period, you'll have the option to continue, assuming you still meet the requirements.

Message 19 of 74

Brian thank you for the details here! I am new to the 3d modeling scene but have a huge interest after getting my first 3D printer. I am glad to see Autodesk supporting hobbyist folks still! They had similar plans years ago when I worked for Autodesk, again glad to see this continues!

Message 20 of 74
Anonymous

Is that $100,000 in yearly revenue or profit?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report