Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a body from one design to another

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mr.michaelrader
59987 Views, 7 Replies

How to move a body from one design to another

I don't want to recreate an object. Instead I want to simply move one body in a design to a new design file. How??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You can copy Components between designs, so if the body is in a component on it's own, select the component and Copy change to the other design right click on the canvas and select Paste New.

Clipboard02.png

If the body is in a component with other bodies you'll have to use Create components from bodies first.

If you're not using components in your designs see this link on why you should.

Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mr.michaelrader

I also need to move a component from one design to another to avoid recreating it, however I do not get the "paste New" command at all on either the design that I copied from nor from the design I need to paste the component.. Basically I just do not have any "Paste New" commands and the normal paste command or Ctrl V does not work,, What am I doing wrong or is the version of my Fusion 360 with such commands?

Message 4 of 8
FqFKrazz
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to do this myself and figured it out.

You have to copy the component where the body is contained in.

In the design you want to paste to, I just had to select one of my already existing components, right click in the design and there was Paste New.

Awesome!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Nope, its NOT working anymore 2-07-2018

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

To copy and paste from one to another document you have to 

• Create a base feature in the timeline then paste the body.

SEE NOTE

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Find the object you want to bring into your document and click on Create > Derive. You can then select the objects you want and tell them which document you want them to go. Just make sure they are in the same Hub and within the same Project. 

If they aren't, copy the document from the project you want to copy the object(s) from into the current project. Once you have them in you can break the link and delete the duplicate document if you wish.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Message 8 of 8

perfect! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report