Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make this hollow?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1819 Views, 3 Replies

How to make this hollow?

Hello.

I know it's a bad idea to try to make complicated shapes hollow, but what if I need to?

I would need to select the square face on the top of the part and make a 0.80mm shell modifier.

I's gonna be a bad air nozzle if it is not hollow.

I have tried to make fillets and chamfers, removing some lofts and and and... everything.

On an earlier iteration of this, the shell worked. So I know the general shape is not impossible to make hollow.

Error message for search hits:

Error: The selected faces could not be offset.
Try adjusting the offset/thickness value or changing the selection of faces.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

This is clearly not a beginners project and you're biting more of than you can chew at the moment.

However, I you've got the patience to learn how thins can be achieved then we can continue. Looking at the mesh model you have in your design I am not exactly clear what you are trying to achieve. Could provide some explanation on what your goal is with this design n ?

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for your response.
I'm trying to make something like this, but better: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1770897
Air goes in from the square hole and comes out from the small holes at the bottom.
The mesh model is there just for reference, still wip and to be remodeled with fusion.
My thought was to make the thing hollow first, with opening only on the top. Like a funny shaped bottle. Then puncture some holes in the inner circle.

I do have the patience and time to learn this. It's already third time I've made this again, so fourth will not be the problem.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The reason for the problem was unexpected for me. I was pretty certain that the problem lies in the area where the tubes connect.

But no, it was actually the first, vertical, part that was acting up.

It seemed to be so smooth, but there was one small defect. See the attached image: When making the loft, the point on profile3 at the end of the red line needed to be moved around a bit.

Here's also the final(?) version of the thingie attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report