Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO DO PHOTO REALISTIC RENDERING IN FUSION360

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
razerarenav1
37356 Views, 12 Replies

HOW TO DO PHOTO REALISTIC RENDERING IN FUSION360

Recently I'm using Autodesk fusion 360. I have some doubts in rendering. Recently I found attractive photo realistic renderings from Autodesk online gallery. I rendered some of my projects but those are not meet like in these renderings. Somebody please explains to me how to make a rendering like in these photos below. If there is a youtube video tutorial it helps a lot of peoples. I searched a lot on youtube and can't find a good one. Anyone, please make a tutorial video on this. thanks in advance guys 🙂

2015-04-28_15_38_58-Autodesk_Fusion_360_Ultimate.jpg2017-05-29-4-3500-3500.jpglarge.pngraasrendering-7c7f8359-6916-4523-9aa4-f65dd7dc3de8-3500-3500.jpgraasrendering-256393a0-1bc3-45ba-b7c0-eb451018f40e-3500-3500.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
lucasproko
in reply to: razerarenav1

Hey @razerarenav1,

I'm not sure if you've seen these two videos, but I think they both do a pretty good job of explaining the rendering workspace in plenty of detail. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Lucas Prokopiak
Fusion 360 Product Manager (Sketch/Model)
Message 3 of 13

The renders are perfectly possible in Fusion 360. Why don't you share one of your Fusion 360 projects and we go through the process together ?

The renders on this site were created by me in Fusion 360.

Also, on the internet and in email, typing in all capital letters is considered yelling 😉

Peter Doering
Message 4 of 13
razerarenav1
in reply to: lucasproko

I did some of my project but not meet like this

Message 5 of 13
razerarenav1
in reply to: lucasproko

@lucasprokoI did some of my projects but not meet like this

Message 6 of 13
cekuhnen

@razerarenav1 @lucasproko @TrippyLighting

Before using any render software I would highly suggest get a camera or smartphone a subject some backdrop paper a book or quick google search about studio photography

some lamps do make some manual photos first.

this will help to understand what you have to look for and helps then in using a software.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 7 of 13

What you are really looking for to create the photo realistic effects within the rendering features of Fusion 360 is custom HDR files that you can implement into the database of the Fusion 360 resources.

I'll just link you to a simple site to get you started but at the same time I expect you to do the research to find out how to install these files, and it really isn't all that hard, it's quite strait forward.

Here: https://hdrmaps.com/freebies

Message 8 of 13
bobwilli3112

This is a very useful topic for those involved in product photography!

Message 9 of 13
bobwilli3112
in reply to: bobwilli3112

Great thoughts, I thank you for the useful materials. 

Message 10 of 13
bobwilli3112
in reply to: bobwilli3112

I would also like to advise you this http://fixthephoto.com/free-action-retro-photoshop

Message 11 of 13

can i have the models plz. just for educational purposes want to know how you made these advanced detailed models

Message 12 of 13
barry9UDQ6

If you really want to do photo realistic renderings, either with studio lighting or outdoor (HDRi) lighting rather use Blender. It's free and has advanced features like PBR materials and GPU ray-tracing (and an advanced real-time renderer)

Export your fusion model as an FBX for best results, but just watch your units.

Message 13 of 13

Any and all of the renders shown in this thread can be done with the Fusion 360 render engine. Until you hit texture mapping and other limitations It'll work just fine!

For beginners the real limitations are often scene set-up and lighting and no render engine is going to solve that automatically.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report