Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scale an imported object/component

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LJIvasiv
13093 Views, 6 Replies

How do I scale an imported object/component

I designed an electronic commercial product and imported certain objects, like well designed speaker cone into the body. However, the imported code is too small and I can't seem to be able to scale it larger. Is the imported component locked or what am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: LJIvasiv

Does this not work ?

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 9.47.22 PM.png

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 7
LJIvasiv
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Yes, I am unable to select the cones to scale through the route. All the local components are selectable for scaling, except the imported speaker cones.

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: LJIvasiv

Lacking any other information, I am aassuming that you are trying to scale linked components within the assembly they've been inserted into.

That does not work.

Simply break the link. Then you can scale them.

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 7
LJIvasiv
in reply to: TrippyLighting

That was correct, right clicking the component and breaking the link did the trick. Thanks

Message 6 of 7

However, as it seems only positive scaling is possible. Shrinking objects down in size is not allowed?!

Message 7 of 7

You can scale down, just enter a scale between 0 and 1. So a scale of 0.5 will half the size of an object. If you are trying to scale using a minus number the part will  end up a mirror image. If you want to use a minus scale you need to add the scale using a positive number then edit in Parameters from the modify menu.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report