Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing view direction in a 2D drawing?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tnjyoung7
143 Views, 2 Replies

Changing view direction in a 2D drawing?

I'm working on a stage production designing a set of "organic" stairs that will be built from 3/4" plywood.  The stairs are basically curved and there are two sets of stringers to support the steps and they are at an obtuse angle to each other.  I want to create 2D drawings of these parts so I can lay them out for cutting, but when I place them in a drawing they are projected views relative to the origin planes.  I have aligned one set of stringers to the origin planes and this gives me a view that I can dimension, but the second set of stringers is off.  If I align the second set of stringers to the origin planes, the first set gets screwed up when the updated model is loaded into the drawings.  Is there some way to set the "view direction" for individual components in a drawing, or deal with this efficiently in the model?  I guess I want to be able to set the drawing view to the sketch plane.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: tnjyoung7

Hi,

1. Are you familiar with the Named Views?

named view_2.png
2. Create specific named views and use them in individually created base views.

günther

Message 3 of 3
tnjyoung7
in reply to: tnjyoung7

I've seen this, but thought it was just for annotating a view.  I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report