Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning "Z safe" value not updating when posted. Other bugs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joe.szakel
258 Views, 3 Replies

Turning "Z safe" value not updating when posted. Other bugs

Hey guys, running into some issues here. Ive changed the value of Safe Z but it never updates when i post the code?

Ive also ran into another bug a couple months ago where i wanted to just post a finishing turning profile to run after the main program so when i changed the offsets, i wouldnt have to wait 45 minutes watching the machine cut air. For whatever reason, it did not post the same lines of code as it did for the main program. Ended copying the toolpath in notepad and pasting it into its own file. Figured id share some of my experiences in hopes they might get fixed one day, and possibly save someone some headaches.

safez.jpgzsafe_output.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: joe.szakel

Hello and thank you for bringing your question to the forums!

Could you export and share your .f3d file so we can provide better assistance? To do that:

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply.

If the file contains linked components, the links must be broken. If the file cannot be shared due to privacy concerns, you will have to email the file or PM me the A360 link

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
joe.szakel
in reply to: seth.madore

Here is the file youve requested. this is on the Z Safe bug only. Ill have to dig through some stuff and see if i still have issues posting a entire setup vs just the toolpath.

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: joe.szakel

The "Safe Z" not updating is a known bug. If you force a Regeneration (CTRL+G) you will see the code update:

2019-03-21_15h17_21.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report