Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach 3 plasma post processor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Andy54b
5556 Views, 7 Replies

Mach 3 plasma post processor

I was looking for any updates on the inclusion of a Mach 3 plasma post processor. I read through some of the posts that people had and I briefly saw what looked like a Beta version of Artsoft's plasma post processor, but am having trouble finding it again. Can you help, thanks in advance.

Andy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
randyT9V9C
in reply to: Andy54b

This post indicates that mach3 plasma uses M3 and M5 for start stop and suggested modifying the torchmate post. 

https://en.industryarena.com/forum/fusion-360-plasma-cutting-option-mach3--339636.html

If that is the case simply change this function, lines 582-584.

function onPower(power) {
  writeBlock(mFormat.format(power ? 50 : 51)); // plasma on/off
}

to this:
function onPower(power) {
  writeBlock(mFormat.format(power ? 3 : 5)); // plasma on/off
}

I looked at the torchmate post and compared it to the post I use with my Dynatorch. I think my post is cleaner, the torchmate needs a bunch of options changes like coolant such. See the long description at the top the the generic torchmate post. 

I have attached a sample program that I used to test the Hycut Plasma. I've also attached the modified post. Post some code and see if mach3 likes it. Please let me know. This hasn't need tested (works on mine but I don't run mach3). The file extension is .tap but it can be changed to anything you like.

Message 3 of 8
Andy54b
in reply to: randyT9V9C

When I was rooting around I did find a Mach 3 plasma beta, but can't find it now. It had an Artsoft logo which is Mach 3. Can you help me locate it?
Message 4 of 8
randyT9V9C

I didn't find it. Maybe you can email them? Did you try the post I uploaded last night? Plasma posts are generally very simple, arc start/stop, and 2d path.

Message 5 of 8
Andy54b

I didn't try it as of yet. My machine (burntables) has a torch height control as well. I was around this post when I saw it before.

Re: Mach3 Plasma Post file  

June in reply to: WestonMFG

Hello All,

We are working on the Mach3 Plasma post processor and we would be happy to get some feedback from you before we put it into the library.

Please use the link below to discuss and download it from the Ideastation.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-ideas/post-processor-for-mach-3-plasma-table/idi-p/6702918

---

KerimY
Software Engineer
Message 6 of 8
randyT9V9C

The post is there: https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/?p=mach3_plasma

It looks very generic. Basically it's the same as what I posted. You should download from the link above and test it.

Do you have a g-code sample with your height control commands enabled? I don't see anything in the post that turns it of. On my controller it is done from the operator panel rather than g-code. Not sure about Mach3.

Message 7 of 8
Andy54b

Actually I believe that my is turned on in the operator panel as well. Thank you for your help, I'll give it a try.

Andy

Message 8 of 8
Andy54b

Hey all, thanks for the help. I downloaded that Mach 3 post processor and will try it out soon, thanks again.

Andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report