Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Pocketing toolpath not working after recent update

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
908 Views, 8 Replies

3D Pocketing toolpath not working after recent update

Hello! Is anyone else having this issue?... The toolpath generates a short little line instead of an entire toolpath. I have been using the same settings for my toolpaths for well over a year now. Just after this recent update, the 3D pocketing function does not generate what it is supposed to. See image below. There is only a short little line. This toolpath is supposed to cut, from the front side, half of the model. What is this new update all about?! Do I have to remake all my templates and tool library? This is happening with every model I try to cut, not just this particular model.

Please help!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I still need help solving this issue but as I was exploring some settings, it turns out that the Rest Machining function is NOT working properly. It is extremely important that I can use this function. I typically select Source "from bodies". If I do not check the Rest Machining option, it wants to machine air for some of the pass. See attached image. 

Message 3 of 9
karina.harper

Hi @Anonymous 

I took a look, and it looks like this is related to a recent bug that I logged. (Internal: CAM-13648)

If you change the machining type to climb or conventional rather than both ways, the toolpath is generated.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 2.58.47 PM.png

As for rest machining, it is working correctly for me - can you share the file/toolpath where you're seeing the issue?

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: karina.harper

@karina.harper  My part is attached in my original post. I need to use rest machining and when I select that option, the toolpath doesn't even generate. Even if I switch to climb or conventional. I also need to use "both ways" for efficiency reasons. I have been using the same settings for over a year and just after the new update, it started not working properly. 

Message 5 of 9
HeadhunterSpearfishing

I am having the same issues. I am hoping this is a bug and will be corrected? I uses both ways on most of our parts. 

The Headhunter Spearfishing Co.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: HeadhunterSpearfishing

@HeadhunterSpearfishing  This is a bug. I am told its a high priority to get fixed. In the mean time, I am just using climb and messing around with "Maximum Stay-Down Distance" in the linking tab. That will help with all the retracting. I also turned on stock contours (Geometry tab)... for some reason this allowed me to use Rest Machining. I can't explain that but it works for now. I'm also hoping this gets fixed quickly as I also use Both Ways for all my parts.

Message 7 of 9
karina.harper

Hi @Anonymous and @HeadhunterSpearfishing ,

The hotfix was released today, so if you update Fusion, the both ways issue should be fixed!

Thanks for your patience,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: karina.harper

Yes. I tested the update and it works! Thank you.

Message 9 of 9
HeadhunterSpearfishing

i have been back up and running since the update. Thank you!

The Headhunter Spearfishing Co.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report