Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Pocket Rest machining

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stuart
995 Views, 3 Replies

2d Pocket Rest machining

Hi

Im trying to Adaptive pocket a pocket with a 20mm cutter.  Corner rads are 3.5mm so I want to rest machine the corners with a 6mm cutter.  Does anyone know of a good video, example or instructions.  I have tried inputting all sorts into the rest boxes but nothing seems to work.  Im sure it must be easy and Im just missing something obvious.  Is there a way to share my file?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LibertyMachine
in reply to: stuart

Using Rest Machine is a pretty neat ability to utilize the power of CAM to assist in most efficient material removal.

To turn on Rest Machine:

2017-01-14_17h40_32.png

Note that it is set to "From Previous Operation". This is the key to making it work. As long as this operation is preceded by the rough adaptive routine, you're all set.

Do note, the Adaptive is roughing strategies. It's not intended for finishing a feature, as it will often leave a faceted surface. You'd be best off by following in with a 2D Contour pass.

Sample file is attached.

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 4

And in the off chance you misspoke and you are actually using 2D Pocket, I've included those toolpaths as well on this new sample

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 4 of 4
stuart
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Thats great.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report