Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest Fusion update has removed the ValidateInputsEvent

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
balunist
1749 Views, 14 Replies

The latest Fusion update has removed the ValidateInputsEvent

The ValidateInputsEvent which is used to validate user input and enable OK selection is missing?   All my add-ins no longer work without this event.    

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
balunist
in reply to: balunist

Here is a summary:

Fusion Version.         ValidateInputEvent

Win - 2.0.8809           Yes

Win - 2.0.8950           No

Mac - 2.0.8809          Yes

Mac - 2.0.8950           No

My add-ins depend on the event to check if the current state of the inputs are valid and prepare for execution.

I've confirmed my event handler is being added without error it is just not being called.   

I find it hard to believe that other add-ins are not seeing this.   Could someone please confirm.

Thanks in advance!

Icarus     

Message 3 of 15
prainsberry

I just did a quick test and I believe I am seeing the same thing.  Let me do some more investigation with the team and will get back shortly.  

Patrick Rainsberry
Developer Advocate, Fusion 360
Message 4 of 15
navid.nikbin
in reply to: prainsberry

Recently I have encountered the same problem in my add-ins

Message 5 of 15
navid.nikbin

I hope Autodesk solves the issue as soon as possible, because I it seems to be a critical bug and many add-ins may depend on it to function properly.

Message 6 of 15
grazvydas

Same there. Half functions of our add-in do not work and Fusion crashes.

Message 7 of 15
obatake5TC3R

I have confirmed that ValidateInputsEventHandler has not been called.If it is a specification change, a major program change is required.Please do something about it.

Message 8 of 15
prainsberry
in reply to: obatake5TC3R

Thank you for reporting the issue.  The team found the issue and a fix has been implemented.  We will try to get this out in a Fusion hotfix as soon as possible.   There is a bit of a process here, please bear I'll update this thread with details as soon as I have a date.  

In the meantime if you are really jammed up is it possible maybe to move that logic into an inputChanged event?  Not ideal, I know, but for the short term?

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 9 of 15
balunist

Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response to you and the team.   Your suggested modification is really not feasible for several reasons.   It's a big enough change to require a large amount of validation and testing (time).   Secondly, to get an update through the app store and available to my customers is typically a week's time.   So the best approach is to restore this function with an update from Fusion as quickly as possible.   

I will add that in the 3 years that I have been involved with Fusion that there has been very few mishaps giving the frequency of the updates.   But given the severity for this issue it does warrant an additional test case to the test suit run with each release.  

Thanks again!

Icarus

Message 10 of 15
grazvydas

How long it could take till the update will be released? (week, two or month?). 

Message 11 of 15
prainsberry
in reply to: grazvydas

Hello,

We are currently targeting a deployment for early next week (September 22 likely). The validateInputs issue should be fixed in that release.  If anything changes i will be sure to update this thread.

I want to sincerely apologize for the challenges this has caused.  As a result of this issue we have committed yesterday to make a large overhaul of the testing and validation processes we have for the API.  

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 12 of 15
balunist

Patrick,

Great news on both accounts.   The enhanced testing puts a positive spin on things.   btw, I did take your suggestion and provided a workaround just in case things do slip.   

Thanks again!

Icarus

Message 13 of 15

Hello @prainsberry 

Is September 22 still actual?

Message 14 of 15

Hey I just checked and it looks like the update should start rolling out in the next couple hours.  

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 15 of 15

Ok, thank @prainsberry for the confirmation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report