Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control the View Cube orientation through API

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jnaudin57
718 Views, 3 Replies

Control the View Cube orientation through API

Hi!

Is it possible to control the View Cube orientation (angles/position of the current view) through API?

What would be the function?

Fusion must be aware of the orientation since Custom Named Views can be created.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianEkins
in reply to: jnaudin57

It is possible to control the camera within Fusion. This defines what you see in the current view.  Here's a blog post I wrote several years ago describing cameras in Inventor.  All of the same concepts apply to the camera in Fusion.  Here's a response to a previous question on this forum with some code that rotates a camera around the origin.  Hopefully, both of those will help.

It's not currently possible to access the View Cube functionality, but it's not needed if you just want to control the current view. Where the View Cube might be needed is if you want to know what direction the "Top" or "Front" is. The is defined by the view cube and can be changed by the user.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 4
jnaudin57
in reply to: BrianEkins

Amazing! Thanks
Message 4 of 4
jnaudin57
in reply to: BrianEkins

Do you think it's better I use a Script or an Add-in to code what would essentially be some kind of mouse?

I'd like it to be able to set specific views (with shortcuts for example), while working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report